To assist individuals in the criminal justice system to achieve their highest level of personal development safely in the community.
Since 1974, Community Corrections Association (CCA) has been committed to making people the best version of themselves. We offer an effective alternative to the traditional corrections system while reducing costs to taxpayers, lowering re-arrest rates and helping people become productive members of the community.
In addition, our residents perform thousands of community service hours every year. This allows them to take pride in making a difference while benefitting the community as well.
Our success has made us the only program in the country to maintain accreditation by the American Correctional Association for more than 40 years.
Through the talent of our staff, the passion of our board of directors, and the support of our community, we will continue to grow and improve for the benefit of our clients and their families.
- Accreditation by the American Correctional Association with a 100% compliance level
- Clifford Skeen Award for Excellence in Community Corrections, 1993, 2007, 2014, and 2018
- Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections Certificate of Excellence, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009
- Ohio Community Corrections Association Leadership Award, 2016
- Youngstown Cityscape Leadership Award, 2011
- University of Cincinnati Top-Three Performer Recognition, 2010
- International Leadership and Service Award, 2009, 2010
- Correctional Accreditation Managers Association Recognition, 2008
- Vindicator Bright Lights of the Valley Award, 2007
- Mayor’s Task Force Pride Award, 2007
- Youngstown Cityscape Beautification Award, 2007 and 2018
- Mahoning Valley Leadership Civic Leadership Award, 2006
- Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections Gold Star Award, 2004
- S. Department of Justice Coordination Honor Award, 2003
- Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections Community Partnership Award, 2003
- Ohio Directors Award for Excellence in Community Justice, 2000
- Correctional Accreditation Association of Ohio Award for Longest Accredited Agency in USA, 1999
- State of Ohio Community Service Award, 1997
Board of Directors
- David J. Stillwagon - Chief Executive Officer
- Charles E. Baldwin
- Ian J. Beniston
- Germaine Bennett
- Ray Butler
- Guy Burney
- Sharon Letson
- Sarra Mohn
- Robert Rupeka
- Scott Schulick
- Harry J. Wollet